Cisco MDS 9500 Series Highlights：
- High availability director: The Cisco MDS 9500 Series combines non-disruptive software upgrades, stateful process estart/failover, and full redundancy of all major components for a new standard in director-class availability; supports up to 256 1 / 2 Gbps auto-sensing Fibre Channel ports in a single chassis and up to 768 Fibre Channel ports in a single rack?1.44 Tbps of internal system bandwidth ensures smooth integration of future 10-Gbps modules
- TCO driven design: The Cisco MDS 9500 Series offers advanced management tools for overall lowest total cost of ownership (TCO). Introduces Virtual SAN (VSAN) technology for hardware-enforced isolated environments within a single physical fabric for secure sharing of physical infrastructure, further decreasing TCO.
- Multiprotocol/multitransport: The multilayer architecture of the Cisco MDS 9500 Series enables a consistent feature set over a protocol agnostic switch fabric; seamlessly integrates Fibre Channel, iSCSI, and FCIP in one system. Flexible architecture allows integration of future storage protocols.
- Intelligent network services: The Cisco MDS 9500 Series introduces VSAN technology, Access Control Lists (ACLs) for hardware-based intelligent frame processing, and advanced traffic management features such as Forward Congestion Control (FCC) and fabric-wide QoS to enable migration from SAN islands to multilayer storage networks.
- Open platform for intelligent storage services: The Cisco MDS 9500 Series provides an open platform for hosting intelligent storage services such as network-based virtualization and replication.